Example of text file:
#HugeLunatic Chic Modular Open Stairs
catalogTextResource HL_ChicStairsMAIN_Open 139
objectID landing 0x00639D13
objectID placeholder 0x00639D12
objectID step 0x00639D14
objectID topStep 0x00639D11
objectID bottomStep 0x00639D0F
- The first line starting with the # is just an information line that the game doesn’t read
- The next line with catalogTextResource is the line that is required to get your custom stairs in game to have a name and price
- The remainder are the modular stair number and the GUIDs
Creating your text file
The table shows how your GUIDs in your OBJDs are used in the text file. If you want your new stairs to have your custom price/name please start at step 6 in the section below.
| Text File Name
|| OBJD Name
|Bottom Step||Deck End|
Creating recolorable stairs
Creating recolorable stairs is the same process as making any other object recolorable, it’s just that you have more resources to change. A brief overview of what to do with a single subset:
- Clone your stair choice.
- Change your meshes as necessary (GMDC)
- Get new GUIDs (6 of them)
- Add in a MMAT for each subset (6 for a single subset) (I import one from another package then make the changes to the subsetName and name then copy that one)
- Import from another package
- Change subsetName to your stairs subset name
- Change modelname to your stairs cres name including the ##0x1C050000!
- Change name to the same filename that your TXMT has
- Give each a unique instance
- In each one change objectGUID to have one of your GUIDs
- In each one use the Hash Generator to get a new GUID for the family string
- In each but one change the defaultMaterial to False (one should be True)
- In each one change subsetName to your stairs subset name
- In GMND add the tsDesignModeEnabled with your subset defined as an array
- Add a new Text List (STR#) called Stairs info with an instance number 0x0000008B
- 0x000 Stairs price
- 0x001 Stair Name
- 0x002 Stair Description
- Create your text file with your GUIDs (see table above) changing “HL_ChicStairsMAIN_Open” to the package name of your new stairs and selecting a unique number for the “modularstairs 4000”.
For more information and an in depth tutorial on making recolorable subsets, see the one at MTS by Ignorant Bliss.